Thursday, January 20, 2011

All About Me Scrapbook

I am the first to admit I have a scrapbooking addiction. I am also the first to say I have had absolutely no time to work on my beloved scrapbooking, so I have piles of pre-arranged pages just waiting to be assembled dating back to my pregnancy (and as you all know, my son is now 3).  Yet, even though Connor has yet to watch me scrapbook, he has found my mounds of papers and stickers which he constantly is bugging me to let him use.  So I decided to let him start his own little scrapbook (mind you, he's not touching all my fancy papers and stickers!) with pictures of things he loves.  It's any easy project that they can do often, such as making it a monthly family craft where at the end of the year you can compile them together to make a year in review book.

Here's what you need:
Construction paper
Decorative paper (could be plain white, stamped, decorative, your choice)
Glue
Hole punch
Ribbon or yarn
Pictures of family, things they love, etc
Crayons, markers, stickers, glitter, and anything else they want to use to decorate

Here's what to do:
Glue decorative paper onto the construction paper, making sure the construction paper shows off the sides (you can glue it covering most the construction paper, or just parts).
Punch three holes down the side of each sheet and then tie ribbon or yarn thru the holes to bind the pages together
Glue pictures and photos onto the decorative paper
Now decorate with markers, crayons, stickers, etc
Let your child's imagination run wild, and let them put whatever they want down.  Remember this is a reflection of themselves, and will give you something to cherish as they get older.

No comments: