Thursday, January 26, 2012

Cherry Coke Pulled Pork Sliders

Super Bowl time is almost here, so as always I'm going to share some of my favorite recipes and things that I plan to serve at my Super Bowl party. This is a very easy, very moist and flavorful pulled pork. You can use your favorite BBQ dry rub and favorite BBQ sauce, but if you are planning ahead, I strongly suggest going online and ordering the BBQ sauce from Atlanta's Fat Matt's Rib Shack. It's the best I've ever had, and I always try to have a couple bottles around for when I make BBQ anything.

Cherry Coke Pulled Pork Sliders



Boston butt roast
Dry BBQ seasoning
Tony chacheres seasoning
2 cans cherry coke
1 cup baby carrots
1 cup celery cut into 2" chunks
1 large Vidalia onion cut into large chunks
1 bottle BBQ sauce (Fat Matts Rib Shack or Sticky Fingers are my favorite)
Hawaiian rolls


Sprinkle a liberal amount of BBQ seasoning and Tony Chacheres all over the roast.
Place 1/2 of the veggies at the bottom of the crock pot, put the roast on top, and then pour the remaining veggies on top.
Pour both cans of cherry coke on top.
Cover and cook on low 6 hours.
Remove roast and veggies, and strain liquid into a bowl to remove any extra fat.
Shred pork and place back into crock pot.
Pour remain liquid and bottle of BBQ sauce into crock pot.
Stir gently, cover and cook an additional 2 hours on low.
Serve on Hawaiian rolls with the veggies on the side

Pin It

No comments: