Wednesday, January 4, 2012

Birdseed Snow Angel

Birdseed Snow Angel

As you know, I am always looking for cool ideas for my son to do outside.  Even in Florida, it is quite cold today (a whopping 20*, yet this weekend I'm sure we will be back up to the 80s), and this always makes me think of my stint up north in the snow.  So I had to find a cute snow inspired craft, and this one caught my eye immediately.  Of course, I found it courtesy of my friends at Disney Family Fun.  And even if you live in an area more prone to sand than snow, it could always be re-created at the beach (and I'm sure the seagulls will thank you for it) as a Sand Mermaid.


Materials
  • Various types of birdseed (like thistle, corn, sunflower and safflower) or if at the beach, breadcrumbs.
  • Cups
  • Pine boughs (again, if you are at the beach, substitute with seaweed and shells...can even make it into a sand mermaid!)
Instructions
  1. This angel is easiest made by a team: One partner lies down to make a snow angel while the other partner stands by to help the maker get up without messing up the imprint.
  2. After the imprint is formed, pour cups of birdseed into the angel, filling the head and body with bands of variously colored seed.
  3. For a finishing touch, add pine boughs for the angel's spreading wings.

No comments: