Tuesday, December 20, 2011

Cheddar Bacon "Crack" Bread

While getting ready to throw together a last minute holiday party this past weekend, I decided to search my new addiction, Pinterest, to find some new yummies to make for the party. They were all such a success that I promised I would post recipes all week. Some recipes I tweaked (as usual), a couple I left as is, but all I have linked to their originators, because without them my party would not have been as delish!

This first one is a pull apart sourdough bread recipe. It is so very simple to make and was so addictive that after putting 2 whole loafs down on the party table, walking away to get my camera, and coming back, they were already too demolished to take a photo of the finished product. Next time I make it (which will be quite soon as I'm already craving it), I'll make sure to get a photo and add it here. This recipe is thanks to Steph at Plain Chicken.

"Crack" Bread


Ingredients:
1 unsliced loaf of round sourdough bread
8-12 oz extra sharp cheddar cheese block, thinly sliced
3 oz bag real bacon pieces (both Hormel and Oscar Meyer make them...they are in the salad dressing aisle)
1/2 cup (1 stick) butter, melted
1 Tbsp powdered Ranch dressing mix


Preheat the oven to 350*

First (with a very sharp bread knife) cut the bread into strips lengthwise without cutting all the way thru the bottom (remember, this bread stays as one, and pulls apart).


Then, turn the loaf and cut in slices the other way, creating pull apart cubes.






Now take the cheese slices, and tuck them into each cut, basically surrounding each cube with cheddary goodness.









Now take the bacon pieces, and sprinkle them over the top, pushing them into all the cracks and crevices.

Mix together the ranch mix and melted butter, and pour over the top of the bread.

Wrap the entire loaf with foil, and place on a baking sheet.

Bake for 15 minutes, then remove the foil and bake another 10 minutes until the cheese is melted.


Now place your loaf on the table and make sure not to walk away, because by the time you get back, it will have disappeared!

Pin It

No comments: